Saturday, February 21, 2009

Playing in his room


Everything goes to the mouth. He especially likes chewing on the shoes of his dolls. Basically anything with strings/laces.


He was so smiley this morning in his room that I had to try to get one of the two of us playing on his floor.



I had left him alone in this room for a few minutes and in the meantime he had pulled almost everthing off his little toy box, unplugged the radio (yikes!) and bent his nightlight sideways. Needless to say, he was no where near his toy box when I left the room. Just when you think you have everything babyproofed, you don't.


Gus has been adorable this morning. Kind of into everything, as is his usual these days, but very cute as well. He is such a handful lately, just always on the move. I was getting clothes out of his dresser this morning for him to wear so I strapped him onto his changing table, which I have been needing to do lately because he keeps trying to roll over and crawl off of it. I had my back to him for maybe 20 seconds and when I turned around, he had scooted out of the strap and was trying to stand on top of the table. I about had a heart attack. It was cute because he was only in a diaper, but it was scary too. I think that soon we may have to put the table away, as it is getting more and more difficult to get him to hold still on it.


He is getting so good at crawling now too. He no longer slowly creeps across the room, but instead he races across the floor like a little mouse. He is so fast! If you look away for a few seconds he will have raced across to the opposite side of the room in no time at all. It is nuts that two weeks ago he couldn't even crawl yet! He keeps chasing after Buster, and I am thinking that soon we will have a confrontation. Unfortunately for Buster, I will have to put my money on Gus :)


We put Buster's food and water in the basement as Gus kept crawling to it and we didn't think he would like cat food very much. Yesterday I was talking to my sister on the phone and I looked over and Gus had crawled over to a bowl of water that I had temporarily placed on the kitchen floor for Buster, and Gus was on all fours with his face in the bowl licking the water. It was kinda gross, but hilarious! Sometimes I think he thinks he is a cat like Buster; he makes sounds like Buster, tries to play with him and now mimics how Buster eats.

3 comments:

Amanda and Scott said...

Gus is getting so smart! All your stories are so cute. I want Pres to start showing some signs of mobility, but it does sound like a lot of work! We hope to see you soon so we can see all of Gus' new tricks!

ToTalkToReba said...

I love the pictures. He room looks adorable. He's changing so fast!!

Justin VanLaere said...

wait wait wait... doll shoes? He's playing with dolls? Josh better step in quick!! ;)