Thursday, July 21, 2011

Big News...

Hazel had her 15 month check up today. She is a big girl- literally! She weighed in at 25 lbs 6 oz (85%), 31 3/4 in tall (88%) and her noggin circumference is 18 3/4 in (92%). No wonder I can't find hats that fit her! She is healthy, happy and hitting all desired milestones. She had to have two immunizations. Her front tooth, the one that only came down about 3/4 of the way, will hopefully come down the rest of the way now that she is no longer using her pacifier. If it does not come down anymore, she may need to have a dentist look at it. She also has a little skin tab connecting the area between her two front teeth and the top of her inner gum, so she may have to have that looked at as well. I had the same thing as a child and had it snipped. No worries.

We finally found a place to rent. It is a very tiny, outdated, but clean house in a decent neighborhood. We will be a very tight fit in this little house, but we were running out of options. We had the run-around with several Craigslist postings (not to mention my email got hacked into from the deal) and didn't feel good about some of the management companies that represented some of the homes we toured. And, since the appraisal took so long to get back, we only had about 12 days before closing date to secure a rental! We move on Thursday, one week from today.

We are just so busy and overwhelmed right now.

WELL, in other very important news... Many of you already know this, but for those of you who do not we recently found out that we are pregnant! I am due Feb 2, so I'm just getting into my 2nd trimester. We are not going to find out the sex of the baby. We have so much to figure out before baby comes, but we are confident it will all be okay. I am starting to look a little preggers so I figured it was about time I made the announcement official. With Gus I showed at 16 weeks, with Hazel I showed at 14 weeks, so I guess it is no surprise that I am starting to show at 12-13 weeks now. Three babies in three years will do that to your body! I have my usual symptoms, especially the nausea. Oh the all day, every day nausea. Hopefully it will subside soon. I did have an ultrasound at my appointment last month and all looked great. I go back to the doctor next week so I'll have more to report.

My summer class has one more week, and then I have 3 weeks off before the fall semester begins. But I have a feeling it won't really feel like 3 weeks vacation with unpacking, preparing for fall classes and parenting my kiddos.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Congratulations!