Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Third Trimester

We've finally entered the 3rd trimester, baby and I, that is. We are doing fine. I need to update with a belly pic soon; I'm around 29 weeks right now give or take a few days. At my appointment today, we scheduled my induction date for January 26th, assuming baby doesn't arrive sooner on his or her own. I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks for awhile now, and then in January, every week. I am measuring ahead by two weeks, and have been consistently my last few appointments. I have been having a significant amount of back, tailbone and pelvic pain. Much more than with my other two, at least this early on. I've been having those wonderful Braxton Hicks Contractions, but they aren't painful, just uncomfortable and restrict my breathing a little at this point. My blood pressure was slightly higher than my normal, and I do have occasional headaches and swelling. Nothing is too concerning quite yet, but doctor really wants me to keep a close eye on everything so that we can tackle any problems that might come early on (especially since we now know I do carry the blood clotting disorder gene for Factor V Leiden). I feel huge, uncomfortable and basically have back pain all the time. Rarely do I have pain free days anymore. It is so hard to predict what will happen, but I just have a feeling baby will enter this world a little sooner than anticipated (maybe it's just a hope!). I guess only time will tell. My goal is to make it to Christmas, and after that, I am ready for anything.

No comments: