Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Camping Out

Upon the insisting requests of Gus all day long, we had a camp out in the living room this evening. We lit a fire, made hot cocoa, roasted marshmallows, put up a tent, got out sleeping bags, took turns telling told scary stories, and played campfire name games (like, go around the circle taking turns naming things that belong on a farm...). I think that tonight was one of the best nights I've ever had. I absolutely loved creating such a fun memory with my family.
 


 
The pics are blurry because I tried to take them in the dark. But Wally had fun too. I don't think he quite understood what we were doing, obviously, but he loved crawling toward the fireplace. Repeatedly. About 20 times or so. Josh and I constantly had to tackle the little dude. Kind of like a shiny lure and a fish. He just kept going back to the bright flames.


Hazel took a bite of her marshmallow and burned her tongue. This is the little sad face she gave when I told her to smile afterward.

Gus shining the flashlight in Hazel's face, in the tent, during his turn at telling a scary story.

Hazel had a flashlight of her own.

 

This was Gus' zombie face. Pretty hilarious. If you could see his arms and hands thrust out in front of him and the hear the dead-like moaning he attempted... Gus had so much fun tonight. 

No comments: