Thursday, December 4, 2008

Milestones




Gus has started doing three new things the last few days:
1. He tilts his head, kind of cocks it to the side, and smiles and looks at you. Almost like he is trying to make you laugh. He is becoming very quizzical.
2. Today when I picked him up from daycare he was oh so excited to see me. I was holding him in front of me and he kept grabbing my cheeks, one in each hand, and tried to pull my mouth to his (his of course was snot filled, slobbery with an almost aggressive- as agressive as a 7 month old can be I suppose- look like he was trying to eat my chin). I said, "Gus what are you doing?" and Sandie, his daycare provider, said, "He is trying to kiss you, like you do him when you see him. He is showing affection." I couldn't believe it. I continued to talk to her for a few seconds and he kept pulling my face toward him and trying to 'kiss ' me. My heart melted. I have never been so excited to have my face sucked on. He was really interacting, emotionally, with me. Wow.
3. He can just about sit up from a lying down position. Right now he needs a little blanket (or stack of laundry) behind him, but he is getting so strong.

Oh I love him so much! I found out something else we have in common. About an hour ago I tried to feed him beef and he hated it. I even tried to trick him by lathering it in sweet potatoes and cereal, but, like me, he does not like beef. Gosh he is amazing.

2 comments:

ToTalkToReba said...

I love the story of him trying to kiss you. That's precious

Leah Campbell Badertscher said...

I love the countdown to Christmas in Iowa (I'm with you there!) and the story of him trying to kiss you just melted my heart. That, all your pictures, and your other Gus news makes me so excited for the things we have to look forward to once our little guy arrives!