Sunday, January 30, 2011

Playing Nicely

Had to play with the color saturation of the baby blues in this one!

I was finally able to get a picture of Hazels two teeth, on the bottom front. They have really broken through and it is so cute when she eats Cheerios and Goldfish. She puts them right on top of her two teeth and crushes them before she mashes the rest up in her mouth with her gums. So smart already!


With a face like this, he must be an angel, right?!?


I tried for an hour to get a picture of the two of them sitting beside each other, both smiling at the camera. This is the best I could get.


Sometimes Gus plays so nicely with Hazey, he makes me so proud.


But... Take Cover Hazel!!! Look out behind you!!!!! Other times he plays like this, and I am quickly reminded that he is only 2.




My little walrus. Must have felt good on her little gums to chew on this bracelet. The neckline of her shirts are always completely saturated with drool lately so I am sure more teeth will be arriving soon.


She was so tired after a long day of playing that she just crashed, toy in hand.


It has been a little while since my last post, but we have been very busy. I finally had my first full week of classes at all three schools last week, and realized that this semester is going to be challenging. But, I am certain I can do it. It helps that I love teaching, if I didn't enjoy my job, I have no idea how I could handle this many course sections! Josh is settling into his new position at the YMCA, and we are getting used to the demands it requires.


The kids and I went back to Iowa last weekend for my Grandpa Kennedy's 80th birthday party. It was nice to see not only my immediate family, but most of my extended family were able to make it back to the party as well. I didn't get any pictures taken though. Josh had to stay back in KC for work, so my hands were pretty full the whole time.


The kids have been great. Healthy, barring colds, and amazing me every day. Gus says the smartest things sometimes, and is often too smart for his own good. He has his new bifocal lenses now and since he got those this week, he is refusing to take off his glasses! In the tub, bedtime... whenever I try to take them off him he says, "No I can't see" so obviously he is recognizing just how much they really help him. Miss Hazel screams ALL the time. Right now it is cute, but I am certain it will ware quickly on us. She figured out stair steps this week, much to Josh's surprise one morning this past week! So it is time to put all the baby gates back up.


We took the kids to the pool at a really nice YMCA in the area on Friday night and watched a movie with Gus when we got home. Yesterday we relaxed and today we went to church and ventured to Sam's Club for the first time. Pretty cool place.


It sounds like KC could get another pretty big storm early this week, but I really hope my classes aren't cancelled. We are already behind from the first few weeks of having so many snow days.

No comments: