Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gettin ready for Hawkeye Season

So tired after belly time.

Working on picking that head up, and getting pretty good at it.


Mommy and her two favorite boys. Sorry daddy...

Gus getting his first feel of Buster. In a few months I think this situation will scare me much more!

Gus is now the perfect size for his Bumbo seat. He is great at holding up his head, so he sat in his chair and daddy sat on the couch while they watched football together on Sunday.

Now we're talkin! Gus decided to dress much more appropriately this weekend. Daddy still loves the Hawks, and wanted Gus to cheer them on on Saturday so he had Gus try on a bunch of Iowa stuff to help figure out what he is going to wear next weekend in Iowa City. This outfit was really cute!

He sure does love his play mat. He likes to pull on the links and make Mr. Lion sing songs. He gets his legs and arms moving so fast, it is so adorable.

Mommy and daddy about died laughing at Gus. Mommy was stretching out after her walk and daddy looked over at Gus and noticed that he was looking right at her legs and copying her every move! ...He held his legs up just like I did! It was so funny. He is getting smarter and smarter each day, I swear. Luckily the camera was close by and daddy quickly snapped a picture. You can see us both stretching out our legs, me in the background.


Flying Gus!

Gus and his bestest friend: his daddy.

This weekend went by pretty quickly. On Friday night we didn't do much, just hung out at home. We walked a couple of times around the neighborhood over the weekend. We went to church on Saturday night and then grabbed a quick bite at Danny's Grill out by Legends. On Sunday daddy had flag football and while he did that, mommy and Gus walked with Amy and her daughter Kaylyn around their neighborhood. The weather has been cooler and wonderful. Reminds me of Fall, and I love it.

We have had a few issues with Gus not wanting to take bottles from mommy this weekend. Up until this point, he has taken bottles just as well as he has nursed, and it didn't matter which one I did. This weekend he has been a stinker about bottles. He won't take them from me, and he fights daddy, but eventually gives in to him. We think he is getting too smart and realizes now that I have something better than the bottle... How does the old saying go... "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free..." Not the best analogy, but smarty pants Gus is definitely testing me out.

3 comments:

ToTalkToReba said...

Oh, I love the pictures. They make me smile, but miss Oliver!!!!! We feed Oliver in his bumbo chair. It's perfect. The chair is so great if they can't sit up quite yet! Thanks for sharing these with me. You have such a cutie on your hands!! Nicole

Hayes Family said...

I remember our "Bumbo" days....whoever invented those darn things.....GENIUS! Anyway, it was good to see you guys on Sunday. Brody talks about "Baby Gus" often and after we left the parking lot the other night after talking with you guys...Brody kept referring to you and Josh as "Jaci" (I guess that Josh and Traci combined) Who knows what runs through his mind. Talk to you soon. Have fun in Iowa this weekend! Arica

Rachel Smith said...

I love the picture of him copying you!! That is just too cute. I can't believe how big he is. I guess they really DO grow up fast! See ya Friday :) Woo hoo!

Oh - and tell Josh that Kamden will beat him up if he comes into our house wearing ISU clothes!! he he he he