Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rainy Day Inside

When I picked up Gus from daycare today, daddy had dressed him in ISU clothes (thanks Cade or should I say Jenni!). Mommy thinks Gus should wear Hawkeye stuff, but daddy, since we have moved to Kansas, is starting to like the Cyclones some too. I guess we will see what he wears back to Iowa for the game next weekend! Today though, after I changed him, we had a heart to heart about it and Gus told me that he wants to wear Iowa clothes on the 13th, sorry daddy :)


Gus was so tuckered out from playing with his toys that he fell asleep, toys still in hand. It was so cute that I had to snap a photo.


Once he woke up he was in a really happy mood. It was difficult for me to make him smile and take pictures at the same time, so these aren't the best artistically, but they sure are adorable of Gus' huge smile!
In this picture I think Gus looks exactly like my little brother Nick when he was a baby. Sometimes he looks like Josh's baby pictures, and sometimes he looks like Nick's. This is definitely a McCollom side photo.


I love this one of him giggling. His face looks so filled out and huge! He such a big little man. But still no hair. His head looks kinda like Uncle Steve's! (I told him that and that is why he is laughing in this picture!)

Well, Hurricane Gus(tav) has finally hit KC. We will always remember that Hurricane Gus hit the summer our Gus was born. We have had storms all day, and it hasn't been above 60 degrees, which has actually been a nice break from the hot weather we have had lately. It looks like the rain will stay around the area for the next few days and we should be able to stay in the 70s and lower 80s for the next week. It will be nice to have the air off for a few days and air the house out.

I have to admit, rainy weather is nice change, but it gets kinda boring cooped up inside. Gus and I have had to play lots of games and play with lots of toys to keep our minds occupied. Gus loves to be awake and play, but it makes it hard for mommy to get her papers graded! I am already behind; not a great way to start the semester, but it is hard when he is home with me half of every day. And he is just too darn special and cute to not play with or to let cry. Every time I pick him up I just love cuddling and playing with him. With each passing day I can see his dexterity and hear his vocals progress developmentally. It is oh so amazing to experience.

1 comment:

ToTalkToReba said...

Oh, he looks like Oliver.. chubby face, big smile, and no hair!! Oli has very little hair!!!!! I'll send some pics soon. I love, love reading your blog... because Gus is so cute and I enjoy reading about you all!! Love, Nicole