Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gus got more shots today!

All tuckered out after shots.

The last few days have, as usual, flown by. On Monday, I had a dentist appointment and got 2 (yikes!) cavities filled. It was actually pretty painful afterward, I could hardly eat. One of them was between two teeth and pretty deep so I was told to expect pain the rest of the day. I also was given so much Novocaine that I started to get kinda tingly and sweaty and my heart starting racing a few minutes after injection. It was kind of scary, but the dentist made it sound like it just happens to some people, especially 'smaller' women. I think she gave me too much, but who knows. At least I once again fall into the 'smaller women' category :) LOL.

And today, Gus had his four month appointment, albeit a few weeks late. He weighed... drum roll please... 17 pounds and 11 ounces, for the 95%. His height was 26 1/4, or in the 90th %, and his head circumference was in the 25%. His head is apparently much smaller than his body, which is what makes him look so huge in pictures, I believe. He laughed and smiled and cooed for Dr. Jayaram, and was in good spirits. He got four shots and one oral vaccination. He screamed and I got tears in my eyes (usually daddy is there to hold him down and do the tough stuff!) but we got through it. We made sure to make the next appointment for a time when daddy can come, cause he was sad he didn't get to be there today. Gus was so good that the nurse gave him a new book to read.

We got the okay for cereal, which I had already started anyway, and should start yellow veges in a week. In a month, we should feed him 'food' twice a day. Pretty exciting. He is getting so old.

We are on the fence as far as if we are going back to CL this weekend for Josh's cousins' wedding. Josh has to work Saturday, so we would only be in CL for about 12 hours, which is about the time that we would spend in the car, so it seems kind of ridiculous. And wasteful, as far as gas is concerned. But we do miss our family and care about seeing everyone, so we have yet to make the final decision.

Well, keep checking back, I'll get more pis of the little man posted over the next couple of days. Love and miss you all~

1 comment:

ToTalkToReba said...

Yes, he's a big boy. Oli weighed 17 pounds 10 ounces at his 4 month check up. Talk about some chubby little guys!! I check your blog every day. It's my daily pick me up to hear about Gus!!! :) Love, Nicole