Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baby Update

Well, it's official. We really are having another baby. Josh and I went to the hospital for our pre-registration appointment this afternoon, and we are all set... Now, we just need our new little one to arrive (well, waiting til January would be ideal, but I sure am starting to get nervous, excited and just anxious with anticipation). I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for another exam and a sonogram, to double check on dates and to size baby.

Tomorrow is my last day of teaching for the semester, grades are all due by early next week. I am ready to wrap up this semester. Nine classes, 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy, a one year old and a three year old... it has been a long semester. I need a little break before our newest little one arrives.

We are getting ready for our Kansas City Christmas as well. Although we will miss our friends and family in Iowa very much, we have never had a Christmas in Kansas City, so we are excited to experience that. We drove around for an hour tonight and looked at Christmas lights with the kids, got hot chocolate (although it was in the 60s while we drove around!), and sang Christmas songs in the car (Gus loves I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and knows many of the words- it is so cute to listen to him sing it). Last night I wrote out and mailed half the Christmas cards, tomorrow I will work on the other half. Presents are all bought and wrapped... Today I picked up a bunch of holiday activities and crafts to do with the kids next week. Christmas, here we come!

No comments: