Monday, March 2, 2009

Des Moines Trip

Gus and Kennedy in the tub Sunday morning after swimming. Had to wash off the chlorine.



Gus after swimming.


Kamden (and Lane and Rachel too of course) stopped by the hotel Sunday morning for his first time ever in a swimming pool. I didn't get any pics of him actually in the water, but here is one from right after. He was so cute! He loved to he held with his belly to the water. He was so easy to hang onto and was so calm in the water, unlike my crazy, slappy, splashy little man. I miss the calmness of 6 month olds- the Smiths sure have a lot to look forward to! I am sure Rach will have some pics up on her blog soon.











Gus, Mommy, Kennedy, Brandon

We couldn't get a good one of all four of us looking at the camera. At least Brandon and I knew how to listen to directions :) We were in the pool off and on for a couple of hours. It was a lot of fun and I think the kids really enjoyed it. Jen Farquar and her son Hayden came over to swim too, but I didn't get any pictures of them.

At the Smith home.

Playing with Kamden's toys. He and Gus are going to be good buddies one day. Right now they basically only know how to reach for and grab each others faces (although Gus did like giving Kammy's hair kisses, or he just liked the taste and texture of it!) but before we know if they will be playing catch with a baseball. Time flies so fast.

So smiley!

Saturday morning KC got 6 inches of snow, the biggest snowstorm in 4 years. Of course, that was the day I had planned to travel to Des Moines to see friends and family. I had to leave three hours after my original ETD so was in the city less than 24 hours. And although I left later than planned, my usual 3 hour drive ended up taking 4 due to treacherous driving conditions for the first 2 hours.


I had originally planned to visit Preston and Kamden, but had to cut those plans short. We did stop by Kamden's house for a few minutes, since it was just a few minutes from the hotel, but soon had to meet the Varner's at the hotel. Hopefully next time we will get to finally meet Preston!

3 comments:

Amanda and Scott said...

Sorry we missed you! We were super busy though and had some sick kids around us so it was probably for the best- don't want to get Gussie sick! Hope to see you all soon!

Rachel Smith said...

I love the one of both boys reaching for the same toy! So cute :) Good to see you!! Hopefully we'll see you again soon :)

Shannon Farage said...

Thanks for the condolences, a lot of people have mentioned that story sounding like the notebook. I'm just glad my grandma had that final memory with him. Gus looks like he had so much fun swimming, I can't wait to take Katelin to the pool. She has started to take steps, it's so funny to watch them all wobbly on two legs, it sounds like Gus will be totting around soon too.