Saturday, March 21, 2009

Papa and Nama D Visited!

Gus in his new pajamas from Papa and Nama, an early Easter present. They are so adorable on him! Hard to believe they are size 24 months.


Climbing through his plastic Little Tikes playgym from Papa and Nama, an early birthday present (this way mommy and daddy do not have to drive it all the way back from Clear Lake in a few months!). Thanks- what a lucky boy!





Not so sure about the slide...



Gus' new favorite place to crawl is under his highchair. He used to get 'stuck' but this week figured out how to crawl out from under it (making mommy's life muuuuch easier!).

Gus has been playing with his tongue a lot the last few days. I am sure it is just his sore throat. The doc said that it looked pretty sore, not strep though. I also have a sore throat, so I know how he feels.

Gus had some car trouble so Buster checked under the hood to make sure everything was okay.

Hey slow down Gus... That's not a speed bump, that's Buster!



Last Tuesday night Gus was starting to feel better so daddy took him outside to play for a little while.




Gus is feeling better and slowly getting over his illness. He has not had a temp since last Tuesday but still his a nasty cold. He had a bad day yesterday at daycare and he woke up for about an hour or so in the middle of the night, but that was his first bad day in the last several. This morning he has been good and is taking a nap right now. I really hate to say it again, but the way he has been chewing on everything and pulling at his gums, I really think he will break a tooth soon. His upper gums look very irritated. Babies are supposed to get the bottoms first, but they are also supposed to start teething between 4-6 months, so I guess Gus has just decided to do things a little differently. I think his irritability is also related to teething, but who knows.


Yesterday I bought a replica of his favorite sippy cup and some of his favorite treats to bring to daycare on Monday, so hopefully that will help him get back onto schedule, as this week with him being sick and spring break and his grandparents being around may have thrown him for a loop. Nama and Papa left this morning and are off to San Antonio for several days, before they finish up next week in St. Louis to visit the Spratt's.


Lindsey is still pregnant! On Thursday she went to the doc and was 4 cm dilated and 80 percent effaced. She has been having irregular contractions, back pain and some cramps, but is still not yet in labor! I have decided to wait until next weekend to visit her, as I want to be certain there is a little baby for me cuddle with when I get there. I honestly can't believe she is still walking around! My mom is there with her this week to help out so that is a blessing. She has an appointment for Tuesday but let's just hope she doesn't have to go- she is very ready for baby boy to arrive.


I hope your NCAA bracket picks are all going well- sounds like Rachel, according to her blog, knows how to pick em! I am up Josh by one game... hahaha!

No comments: