Thursday, April 16, 2009

Playing in the Grass

It was such a nice day yesterday. Gus and I went for a walk and then I thought I would introduce him to grass. He was not sure what to think, or do.





Of course he found mulch, dried up earthworms, rocks and anything else he could try to put in his mouth. Such a boy already. Luckily I was able to divert him from the worm before he could eat it :)


Touching the grass veeeery caaaarefully...



Not really sure what to do next...


Gus was really not wanting to touch the grass. In this picture he was trying to get me to pick him up and rescue him. I thought it was funny because my mom told me that I was the same way as as baby. She could put me on a blanket in the grass and I would stay on the blanket for hours because I was afraid of touching the grass.


Gus is like a little mouse when he runs (crawls) across the room... He is at one side of the room one minute, and the other side the next. He is getting so fast! He really isn't any closer to walking than he has been for the last few weeks, he seems to be pretty content with crawling for now. Once in a while he tries to stand, like in a tripod position with one hand up in the air, and he is really good at cruising between furniture, even taking a few steps to get from one thing to the next, but no sure signs of walking totally unassisted yet.


2 comments:

Rachel Smith said...

What a little stinker! Will you guys be around CL over Memorial Day?? We're hoping to be up that way. If so, we'll have to try to get the boys together (and us too, since we're not pregnant this year and can have beers!).

ToTalkToReba said...

Oh, I love the pics. Oliver was frightened by the grass as well...it must feel pretty funny the first time! The one of him and Josh and the hat were awesome!!!