Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gus the Monster

Gus was in his room playing and when I went to check on him, he had torn his room apart. Literally.


He had also some how managed to take his pants off. Which, of course, he thought was hilarious.


Gus is into everything! He is like one of those wind up toys that go crazy and move around everywhere- the difference, though, is that he doesn't wind down! He pulls everything he can reach off of shelves, out of cupboards, out of boxes; nothing can be 'in its place' when he is around. It is exhausting chasing after him- and the tornado the little monster leaves behind. He has started taking 3-4 steps at a time, but still prefers to crawl. He is also starting to get a top tooth- it hasn't broken through yet, but it is very very close.

I have been pretty sick lately. Last Friday I had flu like symptoms, with a temperature that even reached about 104. And then was left with a horrible cough and ear aches and head aches. I went to the Dr. yesterday afternoon after work and I have bronchitis and double ear infections. They also tested me for swine flu, since I had every single symptom and it has hit Kansas. Luckily, the preliminary test appeared to be negative, so there was no need to test me further. Needless to say, it has been a long week. I am so busy with work since the semester is wrapping up that is has been impossible to take a day off, and I am home with Gus half of the time and he is so active there is just no resting for me. But, I am on an antibiotic now, have an inhaler, and have some strong cough medicine for the evenings, so hopefully things will begin to look up. I am exhausted.

3 comments:

Hayes Family said...

WOW, Traci....sounds like you are the one that needs a vacation!!! I hope you get to feeling better. Let me know if you want me to take Gus for a day...I'd be happy to help! Arica

Rachel Smith said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!! I was down and out yesterday. Strep throat and temp of 102. I had lots of fluid in both ears, but no infection. Thought I was going to die in the morning!! I got on antibiotics right away and feel 100 times better already today!! :) Hang in there!
PS - looks like Gus does the same thing to your house that Kam does to mine!!

ToTalkToReba said...

Oh Traci! Gus' room made me laugh because that's what my house looks like too!! ;)

He looks like he's slimming down!

Hang in there... the semester is almost over and I hope you feel better soon!