Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A tooth

Chewing on the nail clippers, and laughing cause mommy is saying, 'No Gus.' (they sure do learn at a young age how to be defiant!)


Kinda mad (and sad) mommy took away the nail clippers.


But quickly found something else to laugh hysterically about.



I tried to get a pic of the tooth coming in. Not Gus's best angle... but you get the point.










Arica, Brody and Gus at Josh and Pat's flag football game on Sunday night.



Josh is somewhere out there... he got a touchdown, yay daddy!



Daddy (27)


Gus liked the game, but liked chewing on his links more. Anything feels good against that little growing top tooth!


We are keeping very busy at the Dillavou household. This is my last regular week of classes, and then next week is finals already. I am busy wrapping up all the loose ends of the semester. Then I get about 2 weeks off before the summer session starts, of which I am teaching 3 sections (2 public speaking and 1 personal communication). I am teaching all 8-week courses, then I get about 3 weeks off before the fall semester begins.


Josh works a few more Saturdays and then he has them off for the summer, which I am so excited about. Hopefully his during-the-week-evening schedule will slow down a little too. It will be nice to spend some more time together this summer, and take advantage of what KC has to offer. We are going to take Gus to his first Royals game on Thursday afternoon. It is supposed to be partly sunny and 80, so is should be perfect for the little man.


Gus's tooth is still poking it's little head through, it is so cute! I can't wait for him to have a tooth. I am trying to put off his 1 yr pics until it comes through, but it is taking a long time, so I may just have to get them taken. Hard to believe he'll he one next week! This year has just flown by so fast. I am busy planning his party back in Ventura over Memorial Day weekend.


I need to get some pictures of the basement up here. We still have a few little cosmetic things to do, but mostly it is finished. We have the TV down there and have been using it since the weekend. It feels like we have so much more space.

4 comments:

Rachel Smith said...

Yay for a tooth. I'm so jealous that you can have a couple weeks off here and there. That would be amazing :) Can't wait for Memorial Day to get the boys together again - now that Kam is mobile they can really do some damage!!!!! Plus the adult time is what gets me through each day!!!! ha ha ha

Amanda and Scott said...

Gus really picked up crawling quickly! He is so smiley- too cute. I can't believe Gus is 1 already- time is just flying by. We got your invite- not sure if we can make it cause my sister gets back from Peru that day though :(

The Varner's Blog said...

Wow- Gus has changed so much in the past month- I can't believe how old he looks I can't wait to see him in a few short weeks!! Love the pics- and wow lots of fun videos:)Miss you guys!!!

Hayes Family said...

I didn't even realize you were taking pictures at the game....you sneaky woman!!!! Anyway cute videos of the Gus Man! See you soon.