Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost done teaching for the summer

I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by. Tomorrow is the last night of my 4 week July Public Speaking class, and I can hardly comprehend that fall classes start up in three weeks. Gus will be in daycare in three weeks too! It's going to be so hard to let him go. At least it will only be part-time.

Gus and I went for a walk this morning and he was great as usual. He was awake part of the time but just laid there and didn't cry and hardly made a peep. Josh and I have been having so much fun with him lately! He just smiles and coo's and 'talks' to us all the time. It is amazing how quickly they progress developmentally. Josh has been able to come home early this week from work and watch Gus while I teach, so they have been getting lots of fun time together. We are really lucky to have God give us such a good baby. And beautiful too :)

Last night Gus slept for about 6 hours, so that was wonderful. I woke up at 6 am to his little whimpers in the monitor and couldn't believe it! It will be sooooo nice when he sleeps through most nights, and not just one or two a week.

Well I better go shower and grade speeches while he is napping, who knows when he will decide to wake up!

1 comment:

ToTalkToReba said...

Traci---

I haven't checked email forever.... so it's awesome to see how you are doing!!! We are doing well, 3 weeks til day care begins! I am a bit sad about that!!! I will call you soon! Love, Nicole