Monday, October 6, 2008

Cute as Pumpkin Pie

So I played photographer again. This weekend Josh and I tried to get a good one of Gus for the header of our blog (Do you like the new autumn look??).

He was fascinated with the colorful (plastic..shhh...) leaves.


We had better luck getting smiles inside the house. He just doesn't like it when the wind or sun hits his face outdoors. He is such a baby. No pun intended ;)


And, of course, his tongue kept sneaking out throughout our picture session Sunday evening. I couldn't get mad though, it was just too funny!

Look at those pretty blue eyes. This is one of the only pics we've ever taken of Gus that has not needed red-eye enhancement. He was content after his baba on Sunday afternoon. But a little hypnotic in behavior.

"You are getting very sleepy..."


"And even more sleepy..."


And...he's out.


But once he woke up, he started playing with his tongue again. He stuck it out at us all weekend. It was hilarious!


He looks so much like Josh in this one, it is scary. If you could see Josh's baby pictures you would completely agree.





And yet another one from this day. As I posted last night, these were from after our walk on Saturday morning.




Hey Good Lookin'!




This picture is one of my favorites.

So, it's official. Gus is adorable. I am such a mommy, but I cannot honestly decide which pictures to post and which not to... I know they get a little redundant sometimes. But, Gus is so cute in all of them, and each one shows a different face that he makes. And he is discovering new facial expressions every day! I probably think this is way more exciting than you do, I have recently discovered that the things that make you excited and create anticipation in your life change quite a bit after you become a parent. The anticipation over Gus trying new baby foods and wondering if and when he is going to poop basically account for a majority of my thought processes each day. And I hear that it only keeps getting better.

Over the weekend, he discovered his tongue and his toes. And he is actually about an inch away from being able to touch his tongue to his toes :) Which I am thrilled about becuase that is a milestone he should soon be reaching. Also, we have been concerned that he hasn't been rolling from back to front or front to back, but this weekend he did it! I laid him on his tummy on a blanket on the living room floor and left to go to the kitchen for a minute. When I returned he had had flipped to his back! Way to go little man!

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

Such a little photogenic guy!! YAY for rolling over and for big boy food!!! :) Woo hoo!!