Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We leave for Iowa Friday morning!

Mommy and Gus, cuddling while we blog :)

Gus playing with his ExcerSaucer while mommy types.

Gus is awfully lucky. This morning daddy stayed home with him because Sandy (daycare provider) had to be with her father for some hospital tests. We hope everything is okay. But daddy and Gus got to get some good quality time in before we go to Iowa without daddy.

This week we started feeding Gus cereal in the morning (just like mommy and daddy... well sort of!) and level 1 and 2 baby foods for supper, and of course several bottles of breastmilk in combination and throughout the day. Tonight he tried sweet potatoes for the first time and it was adorable. He L O V E D them. He would open his mouth for the next bite almost immediately after I put the one before it in! I had to find out what all the excitement was about so I tried them, and I must admit, they were the best of the baby foods I've tasted so far. Surprisingly sweet. But then again, I love sweet potatoes.

Earlier today, mommy and Gus picked up a few groceries for daddy and did a little shopping at Legends. Mommy needed some new sweat pants and some hair products... anyone got any suggestions for the post-baby-hair-falling-out problem??? I bought some special shampoo today and have been doubling the prenatal vitamins, but I am going to be bald soon! I am afraid to blow dry my hair! :-{

...We are getting very excited for this weekend; daddy even is I think- he is going to hang out with some guys from work while we are gone. It will be nice for him to get some friend time in, as Gus has been pretty consuming for both of us lately (although we love every minute of it!). Gus is getting excited to see Kennedy and hopefully some of his Dillavou side cousins too. He also misses his grandma's very much and can't wait to see them either. Mommy will hopefully get the chance to see a few of her friends while she is back, but also misses her family. Mommy is really excited to see if Aunt Lindsey is showing yet!!!

We are hoping to leave very early on Friday morning, so that we can see Papa Randy before he goes to bed. Well, not sure if I will post before we leave on Friday, but I am sure to have tons of pics for you when I get back on Sunday!

1 comment:

ToTalkToReba said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend in Iowa! nicole