Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bath in the big tub this morning!

A little while ago, just before his nap.







Gus took a bath in the big tub this morning. He sure loves splashing!



I finally go back to work tomorrow. As bored as I have been these last few weeks since Christmas, I have been able to spend lots of time with Gus. I will have T/Th days off this semester so I will get to see him a bunch then too (I still have to teach those nights, yuck!).



Now that he is 8 months, I thought I'd give a little update on Gus' recent accomplishments. He will eat just about anything, well as much as having no teeth will allow! He still has very little hair, but does have a bit of blond fuzz. His eyes are blue, no changing those beauties. He cannot crawl, but can walk along the coffee table or a tall, sturdy toy. He would rather stand, with help of course, than sit. He can shake his head 'no' if he doesn't want anymore food, and can clap his hands together in excitement. He makes all sorts of noises, although none really resemble the English language yet. He is in size 12-24 month, pending on the brand. He goes back to Dr. next month, but we think he weighs around 22-24 pounds, he is quite the chubber.


We have tried to take him to his daycare off and on the last few weeks, but he's having some meltdowns. I guess I have spoiled him a little since I have been home this break. He is starting to experience stranger anxiety, so he gets pretty upset when we, especially daddy, leave him. He also, as usual, seems to be teething. I have seen little white beginnings of teeth appear and disappear over the last few months, so I guess only time will tell.
Talk soon!

3 comments:

ToTalkToReba said...

Thanks for the 8 month update!! He's so darn cute! Oliver is in a crawling contest at IWCC on Jan. 27, during half time of a basketball game. He's not crawling yet, but we're hopeful... :)

:) said...

Such a beautiful little man!! smiley!!

forever said...

Little to no hair, just like my baby sister (who is now 38!). Gus is a cutie. Love to see how much you two are enjoying him. from Aunt Michelle