Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pulling himself up














Look Ma, no hands!









So yesterday I was getting ready for the day and I noticed that Gus had gotten really quiet in his room. I had him playing in his crib, so I wanted to check to see if he had fallen asleep. When I peeked into his room, he was standing in his crib! He had pulled himself up from sitting (ripping a tie off his bumper pad along the way) and with one hand was trying to grab for his mobile hanging above him. He was smiling ear to ear. He did not see me so I watched him for awhile and he was so proud of himself, it was hilarious. Needless to say, I took out the bumper pad and removed the mobile from his crib.
This morning he just keeps trying and trying to pull himself up in his crib. He keeps getting his little legs stuck in the rungs, but no major injuries thus far. He is finding that without the support of the crib bumper, it is a little bit harder to do!
He also has a cold, and you can see his gross snot-face in the pics. Poor little fella! He just keeps coughing and sneezing and his throat sounds so scratchy. No temp yet, so we will just have to keep an eye on it.
Lindsey, Kennedy and Gma Sue will be here tonight! I will have lots of updated pics after the weekend. Not to brag or anything, but they are predicting sunny and 65 degrees for Saturday!


1 comment:

ToTalkToReba said...

Those pics of him in his crib are so cute! He's a handsome little guy! Have fun with your family this weekend. It's supposed to be around 50 here...so excited!