Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Making the Most of It




I had about 4 weeks (now 3 weeks) in between summer and fall classes, so I decided to make the most of it. Here is a photo diary of our first week together. Starting on Wednesday of last week, my last day of classes, we decided to have a pizza picnic on the living room floor (daddy had to work late so it was just me and kiddos).


Walter enjoying his slice of pie.


On Thursday of last week we went to a different park than our usual ones.


Trying to get some shade in a shelter house. Snacks and cool water.


On Friday I ventured to the neighborhood pool with the three kids. Somehow, for most of the 2 hours we were there, we had the pool to ourselves. Very fun.










Later that same day, Friday, at nap time. When I woke up, these two cuddle bugs were lying on each side of me. I love these moments.





Friday crafts after nap I had saved their McDonald's chocolate milk cartons and we decorated them with stickers and markers.






Sunday, after church, yet another park.

I took the older two grocery shopping with me on Sunday too. While I was putting away the fridge and freezer items, Gus and Hazel built a castle with the pantry items.

 Take two.

Monday I made two treasure hunts, per Gus' request, around the house.


X marks the spot.

Monday night breakfast for supper.



Just an adorable little lady. I didn't get pics, but shortly after this Josh and I played dress up and Chutes and Ladders with the older two.


Tuesday, earlier today, a scavenger hunt in the backyard.


Finding items to mark off the list.




I'm running out of ideas- message me some of your best, and affordable, activities to entertain these three over the next two weeks!!! Alright, gotta get a screaming child out of time out. Maybe I should snap a photo of that? ;)

No comments: