Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sunny (and incredibly hot) Las Vegas


We went to Vegas a few weeks ago to celebrate my grandmothers 80th birthday. Josh's parents came to KC to watch the kids in our absence and brought cousin Rian with them to help out. I took this pic the morning of the day we left. Although I was really excited to go and did enjoy a little time away from the kids, the hotel bed felt pretty lonely for Josh and I with no one there to kick us in the face or wake us up before we wanted to get up :)

Enjoying a delay and layover combo in the Denver airport. 


The Beatles Cirque De Solei show at the Mirage was amazing. We had incredible seats and really enjoyed the songs.

This was our first time staying off the Strip. Freemont Street was a totally different experience. There was a Live, Filter and Everclear free concert one evening. It was our music genre from high school- although a little harder rock than we really listened to regularly, but we knew many of the songs from them being on the radio.

Bingo! $72.00!

The granddaughters that were able to make it on the trip. Annie, Lindsey, Stacie, Jess,Emily, Natalie, Gma Janice & me.

My family.


Hanging out on Freemont Street. 


Nick and I. I hadn't seen Nick for awhile so it was good to catch up. Lots of laughs. Great memories.

Well, I learned a hard lesson. Always max bet. Had I been playing max bet, I'd have won the $1.5 million progressive jackpot. Instead I won $200. Still not bad for a penny machine.

View from our suite. We were surprisingly upgraded upon check in.

Took this pic to show to the kids, found this big guy while we were searching for souvenirs.


And to end our trip, we found a flat tire when got back to our car. I guess we left our luck in Vegas :)

No comments: