Saturday, June 13, 2009

Playing Outside


What a silly face! I wonder what he is thinking here.





Poor Buster, just peering through the window, silently begging to come out to play with his buddy Gus.



He makes this gesture then he is trying to indicate 'where' or 'how.' It is a common one around the house lately.


Gus's occasional evening sitter when both daddy and mommy have to work late, Shannan, took these adorable pictures of Gus this week. I am glad she goes a little camera crazy around him, cause sometimes I feel kinda silly taking all the pictures that I do. At least I'm not the only one!


This weekend we are going to hang out as a family, as the next several weekends are pretty busy with weddings, holidays, baby showers, and visits. Josh went to a Royals game last night with a bunch of friends from the YMCA, I stayed home with Gus. We will go to church tonight, other than that, it should be a low key weekend.


Tuesday Gus goes back to Iowa for four nights, two with each set of grandparents, as our daycare provide is taking her vacation. I am going to miss him soooo very much... !!!! I don't even want to think about how much I am going to miss my little man. I spend so much time with him during the day when my classes end at 11 am, that I will probably go crazy without him being here. I think I will even miss his throwing tantrums when I won't let him do what he wants to do, dropping food and his cup on the floor hundreds of times each meal, 'rearranging' the cupboards for me on a daily basis, squirming violently when I am just trying to change his diaper, chasing Buster continuously throughout the house, insisting on helping me switch laundry by pulling out items from the dryer just as fast as I put them in, crying when he occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night, cuddling with me before he falls back asleep, laughing when I fake sneeze, says mama when he wants my attention, gives me kisses- many times without my even asking, dances to the music of his toys, the way my heart melts when I watch him be brave enough to walk across the room, how proud I feel when he waves, gives me high fives, or starts to say words... Oh I better stop. Let's just say that I am really really truly going to miss Gus next week. The good, and the bad :)

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

I'm so glad that he violently squirms when you change his diaper. I thought I was the only one. I dread diaper changes - it now takes TWO people to keep him still while I change as fast as I can!!! Every time I think I'm going to lose my mind. Sad to say, but it's a tad reasurring that someone else has to do it too!!!!! Hang in there and enjoy your break :)